The album, Hymns That Are Important to Us, was started after Joey Feek's surgery this summer -- months before her terminal diagnosis. In his blog, Rory writes, "I think Joey wants to capture the words and music of her childhood. The music that she goes to when she needs comfort. The music that makes this beautiful, tragic, crazy life somehow make sense."
He took a recent video at Joey's childhood home where Joey is in hospice care. In a moment of intense anguish, noticing the snow falling outside her window immediately brought her comfort.
Gwen unveiled "Used to Love You," an emotional kiss-off to ex-hubby Gavin Rossdale, on the ABC telecast, and a source close to her says the subject matter may have kept Blake at a distance. The spy tells Hollywood Life, “Blake wanted Gwen to have her moment -- have her song be sung without the AMAs cameras checking for his reaction every two seconds... And she was very appreciative that he chose to do that -- Gwen respects him even more after he showed that he isn’t selfish and just looking for his own screen time.”
1. He’s a huge fan of HGTV.
- "I got a new apartment, so I've been finding antiques and things like that -- just trying to make it feel like home. So I've been looking for stuff all over the country, and I got really obsessed with watching HGTV. My favorite show on the network is Fixer Upper."
- "He bridged a lot of sounds together, and made it seem realistic in a really cool way. I have a lot of respect for him."
- "But I want to play it. I want it in my music so bad."
- "I haven't seen Spectre yet, but it's on my list of things to do when I get back in town. It's probably going to be a Thanksgiving holiday weekend kind of thing."
- "I grew up with it. It's what feels and tastes like home. The smell of it getting ready in the kitchen is really rad."