44-year-old Scott Kemery was parked in a lot outside a supermarket when he decided to follow his friend's advice about getting rid of bedbugs inside the car. He soaked the car's interior in rubbing alcohol, which he expected to kill the blood-thirsty critters. But while he waited for the alcohol to do its job, he lit a cigarette -- in a car drenched in a highly volatile flammable liquid. The car, as anyone could have warned him, burst into flames. Kemery was lucky to escape with his life. He did, however suffer second-degree burns.